I am pleased to announce some recent changes from Tick Talk Ireland!
* Check out our newly released – Tick Talk Ireland’s Main website
* We have now been approved as an official charitable body in Ireland. Our CHY number is 19588.
We are dedicated to raising awareness of Lyme disease in Ireland through informational sessions, leaflets & communication with local & health authorities. We aim to encourage research into the management of tick-borne disease, with particular focus on the chronic states of infection. We hope that physicians can be encouraged to attend Lyme conferences organised by ILADS in Europe as well as take advantage of the Lyme medical training which is offered to all doctors around the World (training takes place shadowing a Lyme literate doctor in the US funded by Turn the Corner Foundation).
* Donations are accepted via paypal – many thanks for your support!
* We have a new downloadable leaflet available at Tick Talk Irish Lyme Leaflet. Printed versions will be ready on completion of the design a logo competition.
* The design a new logo competition has been released & closing date for entries is March 31st 2011.
* A symptoms chart was made available for free download.
* Tick Talk Week is from 1st – 7th May 2011. Tick Talk Ireland will be holding a fundraising & awareness event on May 1st. Activities include a 10km sponsored walk along a coastal road in County Wicklow, a free Lyme presentation by officers of Tick Talk followed by music venue late into the evening at Arklow Bay Hotel with raffle prizes & more. Music event tickets & sponsorship cards available here.
If anyone is willing to help out on the day we’d be happy to hear from you. We need volunteers to ensure that walkers are safe, help with raffle tickets & also supplies of raffle prizes on the big day. Email to: info (at) ticktalkireland.org.
* Tick twisters are now available for sale priced at 5 euros each plus 1.10 shipping & handling. Great for slipping in your pocket while out walking & safe to carry on planes for your countryside holiday overseas. Can be used on humans & pets. Two twisters are included per pack.
As a reminder we have two surveys open to the public in Ireland. One is a Lyme symptom & experiences survey directed at patients who either live in Ireland or who live abroad & were infected in Ireland. Another is aimed at the general public who may be visiting nature trails & national parks during the summer to see if Lyme awareness leaflets, posters or warning signs are being made available to the public.
Keep safe this spring & summer & looking forward to meeting to you in May!
Best wishes, Tick Talk Ireland